Master of Science in Natural Language Processing
MSc Degree in Natural Language Processing by IDMC: Overcome linguistic data challenges
At the crossroads of computer science, mathematics, linguistics, and artificial intelligence (AI)
Studying NLP is studying linguistics (what are the rules defining a language?), computer science (How to program models which can convert data into text or vice versa, or which can interpret the content of a text?) and formal approaches (probability theory, statistics).
NLP has many applications: machine translation, human-machine dialogue, summarization, opinion detection (e.g. is the text for or against Brexit?), computer-aided language learning (e.g., automatic generation of exercises for language learning) and text simplification to facilitate access to content.
NLP is a strongly expanding field which addresses fascinating scientific challenges (how to model natural language?) and students graduating from our MSc are equipped to face any challenge requiring linguistic data.
You can enter the master in the first year (for 2 years, with a bachelor - 180 ECTS) or directly in second year (for 1 year with 240 ECTS).
- Duration : 2 years
- Pace : full time
- Study type : Campus
- Tution Fees : 334 euros (Price may vary if you are not a E.U. citizen)
- Erasmus mundus : yes (with LCT program)
- Erasmus: Yes
- Study conditions : work-study available (not mandatory)
- Taught in english : yes
Admission process have different rounds of selection :
- January: 1st admission committee on 8th January
- April: 2nd round (10 places)
- June: 3rd round June (15 places)
- For EU students (or with a French visa) : Send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org (You can find the document here)
- For non-EU students : You must apply through Etudes en France. The first step is to create an account and then following the steps, filling your profile…
You will like our MSc Degree in NLP if you are interested in
Computer Science, Mathematics
- Probabilities and Statistics
- Machine Learning
- Algorithms and Computer programming
- Deep Learning
- Text and Language processing: summarisation, generation, questions answering, chatbots, etc.
- Speech Processing: speech recognition, speech synthesis, etc.
- Knowledge: Semantic web, ontologies, information retrieval
Linguistics and Humanities
- Semantics, syntax, morphology, phonology, etc.
- Digital Humanities
- Communication technologies
From theory to practice
- 1 hands-on project per semester during the 1st year MSc
- 1 global project dealing with research concerns during the 2nd year MSc
- 1 research internship during the 2nd year MSc leading to the MSc thesis
|Prerequesites||Undergraduate level, 1st year graduate level|
|Localisation||Nancy and surroundings|
|Type of course||Co-opt training, Face to face|
|Associated research lab||LORIA - Laboratoire Lorrain de Recherche en Informatique et ses Applications, ATILF - Analyse et Traitement Informatique de la Langue Française|
|Degree name||Master mention Traitement Automatique des Langues|